Thursday, May 15, 2014

Introduction


Introduction

If you somehow stumbled across this blog while browsing the internet there are a few things you need to know.  First of all, I can’t tell you my name that was the one thing I insist upon. I don’t need someone I know reading this and spreading it all over school. Secondly, I am being forced to write this against my will. I personally think that my life is no one’s business but my own. My evil therapist and my overbearing mother, however, think that this will be good for me. That it will help to “fix” me. Fix what you may ask?  Oh just the fact that an entirely different person may invade my body at any second. Queue the confused and weirded out looks.  Before you ask, no I’m not being possessed by ghosts or demons. And no, I am not faking this for “attention.”  Believe me; I just want everyone to stop staring at me like I’m an alien. I would give anything to go to a normal school, to be talked to like an actual human being instead of like unpredictable and dangerous animal that could snap at any moment.

Most of the time (well some of the time) I am just a normal, seventeen year old girl.  I love to read, watch movies, and draw.  I hate math, but love English. My parents are divorced, and I live with my mom, stepdad, and three younger siblings.

The name for a thirty sided shape is a triacontagon, and that’s me. I am a dice with thirty different sides, thirty different personalities that can change at any moment.  I could go from ordinary me to John, Anne, Sally, or Daisy in a split second.

My therapist wants to try and get at least a few of them to blog. He hopes that maybe then I can better understand them. He’s tried almost every treatment there is for DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) that’s known to mankind; hypnosis, anti-depressants, psychotherapy, cognitive therapy, family therapy (Dissociative Identity Disorder (Multiple Identity Disorder)" Cleveland Clinic.), all to no avail. This is the last resort, creative therapy. Some people do art but since none of my personalities, including myself, have ever been capable of drawing more than a stick figure, writing will have to do.

Well, that’s it. Maybe I’ll write again. Maybe.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at how the author of your blog despises their doctors and therapists, etc. I can see how our topics sort of fit together. Many people with schizophrenia deny treatment or feel that they do not need it because they believe that everything they see, hear, and feel is completely real.

    ReplyDelete